Having a baby is easily one of the important milestones in a couple’s life. It’s also one of the most challenging! There are so many things you need to know (or rather, worry about): salt content in food, choking hazards, SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME!
How are new parents supposed to know about these things?
- Your parents? They may have done a superb job raising you, but let’s face it, where did they get their knowledge from? Their OWN parents, 60 years ago?
- The internet? I love Google too, but are you really going to put the most important period of your little one’s life in Google’s hands?
- Your friends? How reliable is their knowledge? You’re not really going to raise your pride and joy based on what your friend heard from her sister’s neighbour’s aunt’s brother’s colleague are you?
Wouldn’t it be great if someone already collected all the information you need to know, and put it in a nice little convenient book? Well, since I’m writing this, obviously someone already did!
Personally, if I saw someone fill up a bucket of water and then put a baby inside, I’d be worried. Wouldn’t you? Apparently though, soaking babies in buckets of water is the latest child pacifying “craze” from the Netherlands.
Do they look happy to you?
The “Tummy Tub” is supposedly gaining in popularity around Europe, and is meant to help ease the transition from a mother’s womb.
Manufacturers boast various benefits, including:
- Babies naturally adopt the foetal position and it is amazing to see how quickly they calm and relax.
- Babies feel warm, reassured and secure.
- Helps babies settle and sleep, and is excellent for colicky babies.
So…it’s more or less like having a warm bath with mom. Only without the bonding experience. Ah well, I guess using a bucket does save on the water bill. At the very least, the bucket could also be used for housework!
What do you think about the Tummy Tub? A great tool to keep baby happy? Or a glorified gimmick bucket?
Riding on the popularity of Who Else Likes Funny Pregnancy Comics?, here are some hilarious illustrations from Safe Baby Handling Tips by David and Kelly Sopp. Enjoy!
It's not fair for only mothers to enjoy the many benefits of breastfeeding!
Conveniently testing both taste and temperature!
Don't you find sniffing equally gross?
Ahhh, the electronic Supernanny!
But who carries a nostril pump around?
If you liked these, be sure to check out Who Else Likes Funny Pregnancy Comics? There’s also more Baby Tips here. And don’t forget to click the “Add to” buttons below, as well as give a good rating!